Busch Gardens' new baby aardvark is one of only 35 in nation | Urban Wildlife
According to the Busch Gardens Tampa blog, the now-famous adorable baby cheetah isn't the only tiny creature joining the team - a new baby aardvark will be living at Busch Gardens, too!
Here's what the blog tells us:
"Now, guests to Busch Gardens’ Jambo Junction will have the opportunity to see something quite rare: a baby aardvark. The young male aardvark was born at Busch Gardens on April 10. Busch Gardens’ animal care experts stepped in when they saw that the mother was not attentive.
There are only about 35 aardvarks in zoos in North America.With fewer than a dozen successful births each year, aardvark births are not common. They are solitary by nature, only Busch Gardens is home to a male and female, with the cub making three.
He will be raised in Jambo Junction – located in the Nairobi area of the park – and will become one of the park’s educational Animal Ambassadors."
Photos by Matt Marriott/Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
You may also like:
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood