Baby giraffe born at Busch Gardens | News
TAMPA, Florida - A baby giraffe has been born at Busch Gardens in Tampa.
In a press release, Busch Gardens says the female calf stands at 5'7" and weighs in at 127 pounds. She was born on Tuesday.
The calf and her mother, Tesa, are currently out of guest view and being monitored by zoo staff. They will keep tabs on how well the baby is nursing and growing. In about three months, the two will be placed with other animals at the park's Serengeti Plain.
Tesa has given birth to four other calves at the park. There are now 18 reticulated giraffes at Busch Gardens.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him