Are theme parks too expensive? | News
Winter Haven, Fla. - Legoland Florida is set to open up on Saturday in Winter Haven. While there is excitement about the new theme park, some 10 News viewers have also expressed hesitation about the price. So how does it compare to other theme parks in the Orlando and Tampa areas?
Starting Saturday, a one day admission ticket to Legoland Florida will run you $70 for adults and $60 for children.
For Disney's Magic Kingdom, you're looking at $81 for adults and $76 for children.
Seaworld will cost you $82 for adults and $74 for children.
Busch Gardens runs $80 for adults and $72 for children.
One Bay Area mother said she has to plan ahead sometimes when going to theme parks.
"We try to sneak drinks in my big purse. It's cheaper that way. It's very expensive, the kids get thirsty. It's like $5 for a drink. It's ridiculous," said mother of four, Rachel Cross.
You can save money in some cases by buying your admission tickets online.
For instance, there is a $5 discount on Disney's website and Sea World offers half price for children. Some of the prices mentioned are discounted for Florida residents, so make sure to take advantage of that.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood