Teen accused of school plot to be charged as adult | News
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Hillsborough County State Attorney says the 17-year-old who is charged with plotting to blow up his high school will be tried as an adult.
Photo Gallery: Pictures of Jared Cano
Jared Cano was arrested earlier this month.
Police say they found bomb-making materials and a "manifesto" outlining Cano's plans in his home.
Tampa Police Chief Jane Castor said the alleged bombing plot was planned minute by minute and the intent was to cause more casualties than the 1999 Columbine High School massacre, which resulted in 13 deaths before the two shooters killed themselves.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him