State to seek death penalty against Julie Schenecker | News
Tampa, Florida -- The state attorney's office will seek the death penalty against Julie Schenecker.
Photo Gallery: Scheneker crime scene photos
Schenecker is the New Tampa mother accused of shooting and killing her two children Beau and Calyx.
Prosecutors filed notice Friday afternoon, ahead of Monday's deadline.
The public defenders representing Schenecker have until Monday to decide whether they will go for an insanity defense.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood