Body found in Riverview business park identified | News
Riverview, Florida- Sheriff's investigators have identified the body of a woman found early Monday morning along a dirt road in Riverview as 32-year-old Melissa Easterling.
The Gibsonton woman lived just six miles from where she was found dead. Neighbors in her mobile home park just off US-41 say last week they saw her take off on her bicycle, but she never returned.
"We knew something was wrong," said longtime neighbor Harry White, who notified Easterling's mother of her disappearance. White says it was very unusual for her to leave home for multiple days at a time because she had pets at home and would feed them daily.
Sheriff's investigators are waiting on autopsy results to determine the actual cause of death, but at this point consider the circumstances suspicious.
Detectives will be back out Tuesday morning to continue their search for clues into what happened.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him