Grand jury indicts Fla. mom in killing of 2 teens | News
TAMPA, Florida (AP) -- A grand jury has indicted a Tampa woman accused of shooting her two teenage children to death.
Julie Schenecker was indicted Thursday on two felony charges of premeditated first-degree murder.
Police say the 50-year-old woman bought a .38-caliber revolver the weekend before the shootings. They have alleged she shot her children, 16-year-old Calyx and 13-year-old Beau, for being "mouthy."
Police say she wrote a note before the Jan. 27 shootings in which she referred to her plan as a "massacre."
Her arraignment is set for Feb. 16.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him