Teens allegedly killed by mom remembered in obits | News
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- The two Florida teenagers allegedly killed by their mother are being remembered as outgoing, loving children who will not be forgotten.
In obituaries running in the Dallas-Fort Worth area on Sunday and Monday, Calyx and Beau Schenecker, who died in Tampa, are described as being devoted friends and students.
Sixteen-year-old Calyx is remembered as model student, published artist and tenacious cross country and track athlete. Beau is described as a lovable person who had countless friends.
Police say the teens were shot by their mother, Julie Schenecker, who told detectives they were "mouthy."
The teens' bodies were found after their grandfather called from Texas and asked police to check on her daughter. A memorial service will be held in Fort Worth on Tuesday.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood