Power lines cause 10-acre wildfire in Highlands County | News
Highlands County, Florida-- The Florida Forest Service urges drivers to stear clear of County Road 635 because of a fire inside Highlands Hammock State Park.
The fire, caused by a power line, has resulted in a lot of smoke, which in turn causes unsafe driving conditions for motorists.
They say the fire spread 10 acres, but is now 100 percent contained.
Residents in the area of Wood Avenue can expect to see smoldering debris in the woods as crews continue to monitor and mop up the area.
Florida Forest Service representatives say the area is inundated with smoke, and warn anyone with breathing issues to contact a doctor or 911 if needed.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood