Thousands participate in Miles for Moffitt | News
TAMPA, Florida -- The 8th annual Miles for Moffitt event took place Saturday, May 11 near the USF Sun Dome in Tampa.
More than 7,000 walkers and runners participated, setting an all-time attendance record. They reportedly raised $250,000 for cancer research.
10 News anchor Reginald Roundtree was at the event giving out high fives to runners, while meteorologist Kate Wentzel and reporter Noah Pransky ran in the race.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood