Florida Forest Service: Cold weather may increase wildfire potential! | News
Highlands County, Florida-- After yesterday's wildfire in Highlands Hammock State Park, and last week's wildfire in East Hills Sebring, Florida Forest Service want to warn locals to consider what affect this week's unexpected weather change could have on the area.
They say dry air and cold fronts increase wildfire potential, and encourage you to "think before you burn!"
Check out the attached flier for more information!
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood