COPS: Local filmmaker arranges for sex with 10-year-old | News
Tampa, Florida-- Sex with a 10-year-old. That's what authorities say a Tampa filmmaker was trying to do before they placed him behind bars.
According to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, 42-year-old Timothy Schroyer was arrested Monday night on two counts of online solicitation of a parent to have sex with a child, and one count of traveling to meet a minor for sex.
Authorities arrested Schroyer just before midnight at Nebraska and Osborne avenues, where they say he was planning to meet the 10-year-old and the mother.
Officials say a search of Schroyer's home yielded two computers that will be searched for evidence.
On his Facebook page, he has listed himself as vice president of a local production company.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood