TIA planning people mover | News
TAMPA, Florida -- Tampa International Airport is booming, and the future of one of the best airports in the world is gearing up for major changes, including a new people mover that will connect the main terminal with a new consolidated car rental complex.
Chief executive officer of Tampa International Joseph Lopano sees a brilliant future for the airport, and says in order for TIA to stay competitive, it must provide unparalleled service to travelers.
In 2012, 16.8 million passengers traveled through Tampa International, and as the airport gets busier Lopano wants to clear away vehicle clutter around the terminals to make the passenger experience more enjoyable with less hassle. This would be realized by a new rental car complex near the existing post office and economy parking garages, which would connect to the terminal via light rail.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood