Woman dies after car plunges into water at boat ramp | News
TAMPA, Florida -- A woman has died after her car went into the water at the Lowry Park Boat Ramp.
Tampa police say the woman was talking to a friend on her cell phone while on her way to a church function. She was reportedly lost, and told her friend she was in the water and needed help.
Two officers responding to the scene tried to rescue the woman, but say her car was already submerged.
The Tampa Police Department dive team pulled the car from the water.
The woman was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood