Outback Bowl comes to Raymond James Stadium | News
TAMPA, Florida (AP) - The big bowl game at Raymond James Stadium is finally here! The Outback Bowl will see Michigan and South Carolina square off Tuesday afternoon.
South Carolina's Connor Shaw and Michigan's Devin Gardner will start at quarterback, however that doesn't mean Dylan Thompson and Denard Robinson won't play meaningful roles in the New Year's Day matchup.
See Also: Outback teams battle on the beach
Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier reiterated Monday that Shaw will be under center after sitting out his team's regular season finale against Clemson, a game in which Thompson made his second career start and showed he's more than capable of running the offense and winning games.
Wolverines coach Brady Hoke, meanwhile, is sticking with the plan Michigan has followed since Robinson injured his right elbow in late October, with Gardner playing quarterback instead of receiver and Robinson primarily contributing in ways that doesn't require him to throw the ball.
You can watch the Outback Bowl on ESPN, beginning at 1 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood