TIA: Locals to experience increased aircraft noise | News
Tampa, FL-- Tampa International Airport has announced a change in normal traffic patterns and an increase in aircraft noise for local residents as a reults of somerequired maintenance taking place.
The next phase of the maintenance, being performed on all of its airfield drainage canals, requires the closure of the runway on the western side of the airfield. Airport communications officials say this means all north-south aircraft operations be moved to the eastern side of the airfield, which will cause the increase in noise.
Airfield maintenance is scheduled to begin today, and last through Friday, December 21, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Work will be suspended during the week of Christmas. Residents will be notified of any additional required closures after the holiday.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him