"Gangnam Style" star performs for 3,000 at free Tampa concert | News
TAMPA, Florida -- Between 2,800 and 3,000 people crowded into University Mall on Saturday to see "Gangnam Style" singer and YouTube sensation PSY.
The Korean pop star was originally supposed to appear in Tampa on Sunday at 93.3 FLZ's Jingle Ball, but at the last minute, he was invited to play a charity concert on Sunday in Washington, D.C.
Apparently not one to disappoint his fans, he flew to Tampa from Miami in order to play a free show near the now vacant JCPenney's building. The radio station, the mall, and the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office helped put it together.
His show was anticipated to be about five minutes long, but you wouldn't know it by the crowd. People started lining up around 9 a.m., nearly eight hours before PSY's appearance.
After the performance, PSY shook hands with a few fans during a meet-and-greet, then flew back to Miami to perform in Y100's Jingle Ball that same night.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood