MONEY MONDAY: $95,000 for Shriners Hospital for Children | News
Tampa, FL-- 10 News told you how Heather Van Nest found almost $100,000 earmarked for Tampa Bay's local school system, and even showed their excitement as she surprised principals at several schools.
Then, Last week, Heather found unclaimed cash for the city of Tampa, and was able to surprise Mayor Buckhorn.
This time, Heather located $95,000 for Shriners Hospital for Children in Tampa!
Shriners Hospital Treasurer Thomas Edwards expressed how thrilled he was to find out about Heather's discovery.
"Wow! Heather we thank you so much! On behalf of our board of directors, our kids and everyone else- I can not express my thanks enough," he said.
The state has almost $1 billion in unclaimed cash and property that sits in an account- in some cases, for decades.
Once a claim is filed, it can take up to three months to get the money.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood