Teen killed in overnight car crash | News
Tampa, Florida -- A 19-year-old man was killed and a juvenile was injured in a one car crash in the K-Bar Ranch neighborhood.
Police say a third passenger took off running from the crash scene.
It happened just after midnight. Police say the three were in a 2-door Honda when the driver somehow lost control on Wild Tamarind Drive, causing the vehicle to flip.
The 19-year-old, identified as William Gallagher of Wesley Chapel, was partially ejected from the car and pinned underneath it. He was pronounced dead on scene. Charles Trimbl, 16, was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police say Cameron Davis, 21, is the person who fled the crash scene.
Gouge marks in the pavement suggest the vehicle may have taken the turn on Wild Tamarind too fast, causing it to flip.
According to maps, Wild Tamarind is a one way in and one way out into a smaller sub-division in the neighborhood, so it appears the three were almost at their next destination.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him