Soldier surprises sister at graduation | News
Tampa, Florida -- A local high school senior got what may be the surprise of her life when she walked across the stage for graduation Thursday.
Lindsay Singleton's sister flew in from Afghanistan for an emotional reunion on stage at Sickles High School's graduation ceremony. Army specialist Sara Singleton shocked Lindsay when she appeared dressed in her army fatigues.
Lindsay says she had her suspicions but thought it was too good to be true.
"It means everything. I wasn't even that excited to be graduating this morning, and she made it 10 times better," Lindsay say.
Lindsay's brother is also in the Army and she says her siblings have inspired her to follow in their footsteps.
Sara, a 2008 Sickles graduate, has been stationed in Afghanistan for the last 10 months.
The reunion caused a thunderous applause and a standing ovation from the nearly 400 Sickles High graduates and their family members.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him
- Fort Hood shooting victim's body to return to Florida