Possible case of TB reported at USF | News
Tampa, Florida -- The Hillsborough County Health Department says a presumed case of tuberculosis involving a USF student has been reported.
The health department says the student is undergoing precautionary TB drug therapy and is recovering in isolation. Officials say the student is no longer a health risk to others.
About 30 students, faculty, staff and community members who were at risk of exposure will be tested next week.
This is the second case of suspected TB on USF's Tampa campus in 2012, the last case was in February.
Students and employees of USF with additional questions may call the Student Health Services nurse line at (813) 974-1797, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
If a student or employee not identified/notified by the Health Department wants to be tested for TB, they may schedule an appointment at Student Health Services by calling (813) 974-2331. Student Health Services will charge for services rendered.
All other inquiries can be directed to the Hillsborough County Health Department at (813) 307-8047.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood