RNC creates directory to help small businesses | News
TAMPA, Florida (AP) - A group organizing the Republican National Convention has created a directory designed to help Tampa area small businesses land work when the event is held in August.
The Tampa Tribune says the Tampa Bay Host Committee - a nonprofit group helping stage the convention- has launched an online version of the directory.
It's the first of its kind in the history of the political convention.
The online listing will feature more than 500 companies. The business and its owners are required to be located in the Tampa area.
Hundreds of local businesses are hoping to benefit when an estimated 50,000 visitors descend on Tampa the week of Aug. 27. In addition to delegates, the convention will attract GOP supporters, corporate executives, members of the media and political observers.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood