Scoreboard fire reported at Raymond James Stadium | News
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say firefighters have extinguished a fire at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.
Lt. William Ferguson of the Tampa Police Department said early Saturday that several motorists called 911 to report that the scoreboard at the stadium was on fire.
Ferguson says officers found that the speaker system above the stadium's north scoreboard was on fire. The Tampa Fire Department responded and put out the flames.
According to police, the blaze appeared to be an electrical fire.
Raymond James Stadium is home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football team.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood