Hillsborough rallies, gets Garcia 200th win | HS Sports
Tampa, Fla. -- Earl Garcia could double as a Hillsborough county high school football historian because he seems to remember everything and everybody about every game he coaches.
When he looks back at Hillsborough's 20-10 homecoming victory over Sickles, Garcia will note that it earned him career victory No. 200. Garcia was already second in county history to former Chamberlain coach Billy Turner's 242 wins, but reaching 200 puts Garcia in even more select company with Turner.
The win did not come easy for the host Terriers. Hillsborough trailed 10-7 in the third quarter before Anthony Brown scored from 14 yards out. A missed PAT gave Hillsborough a 13-10 lead.
Nigel Harris sealed the victory for Hillsborough when he scored an 18-yard touchdown.
Hillsborough travels to Armwood Thursday for what amounts to a disctrict 6A-8 title game. Sickles hosts Jefferson.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood