Jesuit Upsets Rival Tampa Catholic 17-3 | HS Sports
Whenever rivals Tampa Catholic and Jesuit collide you can expect a grudge match...which was the case this Friday. However unlike years past, only one of these two perennial powerhouses will be advancing to the playoffs, but that didn't mean much in this game.
In the first quarter the Crusaders got on the board first with a 21-yard field goal from Michael Sarafinos to make it 3-0 Tampa Catholic. And surprisingly that's how it would stand going into the half.
In the third quarter it was all Tigers as Jesuit recovered a fumble in the end-zone by parker Clounts to make it 7-3 Jesuit. Then later in the third quarter Jesuit added three more with a 34-yard field goal by Rhett Waldron.
In the fourth quarter Jesuit added some insurance points as QB Vincent Testaverde connected with Tony Castro on a 32 yard touchdown to make it 17-3, and that's how it ended.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood