Cougars Coast to Division Crown with 28-3 Victory over East Bay | HS Sports
On Friday the Durant Cougars put their undefeated record on the line as they looked to lock up the Division crown against East Bay. But before they could begin their title pursuit, the game had to be held up for several minutes, as a horse which is an East Bay mascot, went to the bathroom on the field. Once that was all cleaned up the game was finally able to begin.
In the first quarter East Bay got on the board first with a 34-yard field goal by Mike Brown.
But by the time the second quarter rolled around, Durant's offense started to light up with two scores. The first being a 1-yard plunge from Jamarlon Hamilton...along with a two-point conversation by Trey VanDeGrift. And just before half, Daniel Bowers kicked a 26-yard field goal to make the score 11-3.
In the third quarter the Cougars kept things rolling with a 3-yard touchdown run from Chris Atkins. And before the quarter was up, Jamarlon Hamilton added his second touchdown of the night on a 37-yard run.
By the 4th quarter Durant added one final blow with a 31-yard field goal by Daniel Bowers to make the score 28-3, and wrap up the division crown.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood