Sobiks in County Center has new owner | Families
Downtown Tampa, Florida -- Sobiks Sub Shop in the Hillsborough County Center in downtown has a new owner.
For years, Ken and Kathy Kroll owned the sub shop frequented by people who worked for the county or had business to do there.
Ken, who was known for greeting many of his customers by name, died after a long illness in June of 2009. Kathy continued to operate the popular restaurant and sub shop until December, but decided it was too tough to do alone.
Kroll sold the business and transferred the lease to a new company, KP International. The new company will pay the county, which owns the space, $2,446 a month through June 30. The Krolls ran the business since the early 90's.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood