New Year's Eve fireworks light up Channelside tonight | Events
TAMPA, Florida --The Tampa Attractions Association celebrates New Year's Eve in style with their annual New Year's Eve Fireworks in Channelside.
The festivities will begin after the Outback Bowl's New Year's Eve Parade and Pep Rally in historic Ybor City. Ride Tampa's TECO Line Streetcar from Ybor to the Channel District and experience live music by Chromatic from 5 - 8 p.m., The Glenn Cummings Band from 8 p.m. - midnight, and a DJ until 1 a.m.
As the clock strikes midnight, bid farewell to 2010 and welcome 2011 with a dramatic fireworks display choreographed to music and launched off a barge in the Garrison Channel. The fireworks can be seen from Channelside Bay Plaza in addition to The Florida Aquarium, the SS American Victory Ship, Yacht Starship, Cotanchobee Park, the Marriott Waterside, Harbour Island, the St. Pete Times Forum, and Bayshore Boulevard.
Parking will be available in Channelside, but spots will fill up quickly. Event goers are encouraged to utilize the TECO Line Streetcar.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood