South County Job Fair, Friday, September 28 | Events
Ruskin, Florida-- Hillsborough County Commissioner Sandy Murman will be hosting a special South County Job Fair on Friday, September 28, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the SouthShore Regional Service Center.
The event is being held in association with the Tampa Bay Workforce Alliance and Hillsborough County, and more than 20 potential employers have been invited to participate.
"With the challenges that we are all facing with the downturn in the economy, the most important thing that we can do in County Government is to help our unemployed or under employed citizens to find jobs. When more people are working, more people are saving and spending money at local businesses, and the economy improves," said Commissioner Murman.
There is no area that has been hit harder in Commissioner Murman’s district than South County.
"It’s critical that we get people back to work,” Murman added.
The South County Job Fair is free and open to the public.
The SouthShore Regional Service Center is located at 410 30th Street, S.E. in Ruskin.
For more information call 813-272-5470.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him