Hillsborough County Animal Services to become "no-kill" | Events
Hillsborough County, Florida-- At the Save90 Conference this past Saturday, April 14, Hillsborough County Board of Commission Chairman Ken Hagan announced that Hillsborough will become a no-kill county.
According to a Save90 press release, over 250 people attended the event to learn how other communities have attained the goal of saving animals' lives.
The alliance to Save 90 organization organized the event.
Frank Hamilton, the president of Animal Coalition of Tampa, spoke on the concept of no-kill, and Kris Weiskopf, Manatee County's director of Animal Services, explained how Manatee successfully increased their live-release rate to over 80% as they work toward the same goal.
As Hillsborough County seeks a new Animal Services Director, the notion of saving the lives of animals exists as a top priority, so that progress can be made.
To learn more, visit www.Save90.org.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood