Are you the next Top Chef of the Year in Tampa Bay? | Events
Tampa, Fla. -- Are you or do you know a wonderful chef to join the who’s who of Tampa Bay’s elite chefs? The Child Abuse Council (CAC) is currently seeking applicants to participate in this one-of-a-kind annual event, the 3rd Annual Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay Event, to be held at the A La Carte Pavilion on March 26, 2012.
Up to 25 of Tampa Bay’s premier chefs will participate in this culinary adventure, competing side by side to take home the coveted Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay trophy. Many will try and only one will win – are you the next Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay?
The following restaurants and executive chefs have already signed up to participate in this exciting culinary showdown:
- Chef Walter Barrezveta (independent entry)
- Chef Andrew Basch of Pelagia Trattoria
- Chef Ben Guggenmos of the Hillsborough County Schools System
- Chef Gerard Jamgotchian of L’Eden
- Chef Rich Mathis of the Tampa Bay Times Forum
- Chef Ryan Mitchell of Fleming’s
- Chef Richard Preston of SHOR American Seafood Grill
- Chef Parker Stafford of the Blue Water Grill at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore
- Chef Mike Von Burg of Armani’s
- Chef Dave West of Rolling Pin Kitchen Emporium
- Chef Keith Williamson of Jackson’s Bistro, Bar & Sushi
This event gives chefs complete freedom to create a dining experience like no other. With no prior restraints or requirements, Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay encourages chefs to channel their inner creativity to design everything from menu to décor. Each chef prepares – tableside – a five course meal with accompanying wines (or other libations) for a table of 12 or 15 people. Chefs also provide their own linens, china, centerpieces and more to create a world within the venue specific to each chef’s unique vision.
Participating chefs provide an auction item to help raise much needed funds for the Child Abuse Council. The chef that raises the most money for the CAC will be named “Top Philanthropic Chef of the Year Tampa Bay” and recognized the evening of the event. Joining us again this year as Master of Ceremonies is media personality Jack Harris from AM Tampa Bay.
If you think your culinary skills are a “cut-above” the rest, visit the Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay website at www.topcheftampabay.org to learn more about the event, print a copy of the chef application and see an up-to-date list of participating chefs and restaurants. Perspective chefs may also contact Development Director, Maria Lewis, at (813) 673-4646 x224 for any other questions or event information.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood