Prescribed burn today at nature preserve | Environment
Gibsonton, FL -- The Florida Forest Service, in cooperation with the Hillsborough County Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department, is conducting a prescribed burn today, Dec. 20 at Golden Aster Scrub Nature Preserve, 12181 East Bay Road in Gibsonton.
The burn will last one day. The purpose of the burn is for pine flatwoods maintenance and public safety.
For more information, residents should contact the Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department at (813) 672-7876.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood