UPDATE: Health advisory issued for Ben T. Davis Beach | Environment
Tampa, Florida -- UPDATE: The health advisory issued on Jan. 30 for Ben T. Davis Beach has been lifted after health officials say follow-up testing came back satisfactory results.
The Hillsborough County Health Department issued a health advisory for Ben T. Davis Beach Wednesday after samples taken Monday revealed higher than normal levels of enterococci bacteria.
The beach will be re-sampled on Feb. 4.
In the meantime, swimmers should not use the beach because it may cause health issues. The presence of enteric bacteria is an indication of fecal pollution, which may come from storm water runoff, pets and wildlife, and human sewage.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood