Tampa Police search for arsonist | Crime
Mango, Florida -- Tampa Police are searching for an arson suspect they say set fire to a home on Bird Street late Tuesday night.
Tampa Fire responded to the fire around 11 p.m. and when they arrived to the single-family home they reported about 50 percent of the home was engulfed in flames. Firefighters quickly contained the fire and did not find anyone inside.
The estimated damage to the home is $6,500.
Fire investigators determined the fire was intentionally set and Tampa Police have released a description of a suspect witness gave them of a man fleeing the scene on a bicycle just after the fire started.
The man is described as a white, with a large build, between 40-50 years old, with scraggly hair. He was last seen wearing shorts, a trench coat and was riding on a beach cruiser-type of bicycle.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him