'Operation Grinch Stop' nets dozens of arrests, weapons seized | Crime
Plant City, Florida -- A week-long operation to target career criminals in the Plant City/Dover area resulted in 31 arrests and two meth labs busts last week.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says, in all, their deputies contacted more than 100 offenders, of which 25 were gang members, during the operation. These consisted of street level contacts and probation/curfew checks.
Deputies ultimately arrested 31 suspects on 40 charges including violation of probation, failure to appear, narcotics, grand theft, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, false imprisonment, robbery and weapon offenses.
During the operation, deputies also came across two home meth labs and recovered five firearms consisting of four handguns and one shotgun.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood