Police: Mom thought baby was devil, drowns him | Crime
PLANT CITY, Florida (AP) - Police say a 30-year-old Florida woman confessed to killing her 5-week-old son, saying he was the devil.
In an affidavit released Wednesday, Plant City detectives said they found Talae Thomas' son Chase Harrison floating dead in her apartment's bathtub last week.
She told them that her baby had died at the hospital shortly after birth and that she knew the child she brought home was the devil because he talked to her. Police say she confessed to drowning the baby Nov. 15 to kill the devil. Her family said she suffered a breakdown four years ago and often had hallucinations.
Thomas is being held without bond at the Hillsborough County Jail on first-degree murder charges.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him