Triggerman convicted in murder for hire case | Crime
Lithia, Florida -- The man hired by a woman and her lover to kill her husband was found guilty by a jury on Aug. 3.
Luis Angel Lopez, 24, was hired by Cristie Bottorff and her lover, Jerry Bottorff, to kill her husband at the time, Thomas Sehorne.
Sehorne was killed at his home on June 7, 2007 in Lithia.
The U.S. State Attorney's Office says both Cristie and Jerry admitted to their involvement and pled guilty to all charges on July 9, 2012 and testified against Lopez during his trial. They also testified against Michael Garcia who they say served as a middleman between them and Lopez.
Lopez is scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 18 and faces life in prison. Garcia is in jail on unrelated drug charges.
Cristie Bottorff is scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 22 while Jerry Bottorff will be sentenced on Oct. 29.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him