Police: Man leaves child in car, visits Tampa strip club | Crime
Tampa, Florida -- Tampa Police arrested a Lee County man Tuesday morning for child neglect after he left his toddler unattended in a car while visiting a Tampa strip club.
Police say just after 2 a.m., the manager of the Emperor’s Gentlemen’s club on Adamo Drive heard crying while walking back and forth between two buildings. He said his attention was drawn to a 2012 Dodge Avenger in the parking lot, where he discovered the 1-year-old boy sitting inside. He immediately called police.
The father of the toddler, 25-year-old Edward Condry, Jr., of Fort Meyers, was inside the adult establishment talking to dancers, while the boy sat in the vehicle for 45 minutes.
Condry was taken to the Hillsborough County Jail with bail set at $2,000.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood