Detectives seek man with possible info on murdered woman | Crime
Tampa, FL -- Hillsborough County detectives are asking for the public's help finding a man who may have information about a woman found dead in her home on Sunday.
Detectives have learned the man was seen with Nancy Grooms on Feb. 9 at the R&C Chiquita Meat Market, at 12307 North Nebraska Avenue and believe he may have information that may be helpful to the investigation. He is described as a black male, 20-30 years old, approximately 5'9" to 6', 175 lbs., with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, blue jean shorts and black sneakers.
Grooms was found in her home around 11:35 a.m. after a friend who had not heard from her went to check on her. Detectives say she suffered from trauma to her upper body and had been dead for a couple of days before she was found.
Anyone with any information on his identity is asked to call the Hillsborough County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS. You can make an anonymous report online at www.crimestopperstb.com.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood