"Florida's Best Crossing Guard Program" awards Hillsborough County | Community Spirit
Hillsborough County, Florida-- Parents in Hillsborough County can rest easy knowing their children's crossing guards are hard at work day in, and day out.
According to a recent release,the Florida Department of Transportation presented the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office with an award for the "Florida's Best Crossing Guard Program" Friday morning.
Reports say Sheriff David Gee was especially proud of the county's crossing guards, who monitor close to 250 crossings for nearly 100 schools in the county-- bringing the grand total of children assisted to daily to 15,000.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him