Monument honors West Tampa Little League players, fundraiser for park | Community Spirit
West Tampa, Florida-- In 2010, 12 West Tampa Little League Junior All-Stars made history by competing in the International Little League Junior World Series, and now, a monument has been created in their honor at West Tampa Little League Park.
According to Coda Sound, the monument is piece of art created by local artist, Sarita Pacine.
"She designed the art sculpture/monument and created the art elements that are embedded in the stone."
Brick pavers surround the monument as a final touch, but also to provide a fund-raising aspect to the project.
Community members may purchase these pavers and have their name and/or personal messages sandblasted into either an 8" X 8", or 4" X 8" stone.
The funds will support the park now and in the future.
The deadline to participate in this fundraiser is June 9.
The monument was created in honor of the following players:
- Stacey Dominguez #78
- Kayla Fernandez #13
- Chelsea Gray #2
- Marissa Hernandez #1
- Caroline Jinks #12
- Nicole Lopez #33
- Natali Morgado #24
- Isabella Ordorica #15
- Monique Puentes #7
- Leilani Valenzuela #21
- Amanda Weathers #11
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood