Apply for Arts Council 2013 Cultural Development Grant Program | Arts & Culture
Tampa, Florida-- The Arts Council of Hillsborough County is now accepting applications for its 2013 Cultural Development Grant Program.
"Grants are available to not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and may be used for general operations or specific projects occurring between Oct. 1, 2012 and Sept. 30, 2013", The Arts Council Announced in a recent release.
The Cultural Development Grants are awarded each year on a competitive basis to organizations that offer cultural programs in Hillsborough.
The Council says that 21 grants have already been awarded this year, ranging from approximately $4,000 to $9,000, for a total of $131,275.
Eligibility and requirements can be found in the grant guidelines document. Funding is awarded based on merit in four areas:
- Overall quality
- Cultural excellence
- Public impact and outreach
- *Extra points available for collaboration*
- Grant applications will accepted anytime during ACHC office hours prior to Friday, September 14, 2012. Applications must be in the ACHC offices by 5 pm on Sept. 14. The Arts Council's office is located next to Tampa Theatre at 707 N. Franklin St., 6th Floor.
- The Grant Panel will conduct their review on Friday, October 12, 2012.
- Organizations, especially those applying for the first time, are encouraged to take advantage of an early review advisory to ensure their application is complete and ready for submission. Early reviews are available anytime prior to Friday, September 7 and can be scheduled by calling the Arts Council at 813-276-8250.
The Arts Council welcomes applications from any eligible organization. Past recipients of Cultural Development grants have included children's groups, choirs, dance troupes, museums, orchestras, theatres, and community arts organizations. Other recipients have been festival organizers in the areas of art, film, literature, music and multi-cultural.
For additional information, please contact Director of Program Services Terri Simons at SimonsT@TampaArts.org or (813) 276-8250.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood