Call for bands to compete in 15th Annual Teenage Battle of the Bands | Arts & Culture
Hillsborough County, Florida -- It’s never too early to get your band pre-qualified to be part of the Teenage Battle Of The Bands held annually mid-October during the Hillsborough County Fair. Hillsborough County’s Parks, Recreation & Conservation Department is looking for bands to participate in a competition that provides free studio time to the top two winners.
Band members must be between 13 and 20 years of age, and only one band member can be age 20. The bands are judged on guitars, drums, vocals, showmanship and originality. The entry fee is $50 dollars.
Culprit was last year’s Teenage Battle of the Bands winner. Previous winners include Styx of Fire in 2010, Rising Down in 2009 and Envy in 2008.
Only a limited number of bands are accepted. Those wishing to compete in the Teenage Battle of the Bands must pre-qualify by providing a link to an online video of the band, and contact Joe Soletti, Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department, 813-744-5871.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him
- Fort Hood shooting victim's body to return to Florida