The Ice Age returns to Florida! | Arts & Culture
Tampa, Florida – Want to experience the Ice Age? Well, now you can! On March 24 and 25, the Florida State Fairgrounds Special Events Center will go back in time to a different place, Florida’s Ice Age. The Tampa Bay Fossil Club presents the 24th Annual Fossil Fest 2012, Florida – A Mammoth Journey through Time!
Their goal is to teach Floridians about the prehistoric creatures and people that were here long before us. Now, you don’t have to travel to far-away exotic places to find the fossils of Mammoths, wolves, camels, and rhinos that lived right here. Club president Michael Searle says their fossilized remains are everywhere in Florida!
Doors open Saturday at 9 a.m. and Sunday at 6 a.m.
Admission for adults is $6 and children under 12 get in for FREE!
For more information visit www.tampabayfossilclub.com
Hope to see you there!
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartow middle school teacher fired for inappropriate texts, touching student
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood