HART ridership up over 7% last month |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Hillsborough Co., FL-- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) announced a total of 1,192,212 bus trips were taken last month, meaning their ridership was up 7.2 percent since the very same month last year.
According to HART type of increase is not just happening in Hillsborough County -- the demand for public transit is trending upward across the country, according to the most recent quarterly report released by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA).
"We continue to see that in areas where the local economy is improving and new jobs are being added, public transportation is up," said APTA President and CEO Michael Melaniphy. "This makes sense since nearly 60 percent of the trips taken on public transportation are for work commutes. Public transit service is an important resource for employees and employers as it is instrumental in helping people travel to their jobs."
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him