School children tasted and voted on potential '12-'13 lunch menu |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Riverview, Florida-- Remember when school lunches were comprised or mystery meat and milk cartons? Kids these days sure don't!
The Hillsborough County Public Schools Student Nutrition Services Department hosted their third annual Fresh Flavors - Foods for Body and Mind Expo on Tuesday, where approximately 200 students from around the district tasted and rated new menu concepts for the 2012-2013 school year menu.
According to a Hillsborough County Public Schools release, 27 new concepts were scheduled for testing, including sweet potato salad, spinach lasagna, and grilled chicken dijon wraps.
The event allowed students to rate each item on a scale of Love It, Like It, or Dislike It based on the item’s appearance, smell, and taste.
The goal of the event was to help Student Nutrition Services provide healthy, but enjoyable menus.
The event took place at Spoto High School in Riverview.
Upcoming Events near Hillsborough County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- While a teacher, who police say had sex with student appears in court, another family comes forward about the 29 year old.
- Fatal crash in Lake Wales closes portion of Hwy 60 E
- Sentencing scheduled for 1981 shooting rampage
- Funeral held for Bay area soldier killed at Fort Hood
- Hunter claims panther attacked him